Thursday, December 20, 2012

Song Of The Week - 12/21/12

Please forgive the lack of a Song Of The Week last Friday.  Though I had something written up and ready to go, I decided to forego posting for obvious reasons.  Like you, I was shocked and appalled at what had happened, and while I wanted to share my feelings on the matter, this is not the appropriate forum for moral or political discourse.  I hope to return with more levity in the new year, but until then, I wish you and yours the Happiest of Holidays.

Röyksopp feat. Susanne Sundfør - Running To The Sea

Scandinavian dyad Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland has been on the short list of my favorite electronic music acts since the release of Melody A.M. over a decade ago. They recently debuted their collaboration with fellow Norwegian Susanne Sundfør on the final episode of Lydverket, a live music program that began airing not long after Röyksopp's debut. In addition to this week's selection, they performed a haunting rendition of Depeche Mode's first B-side "Ice Machine," which can be seen in the video below.  With the new year almost upon us, I can only hope that Berge and Brundtland make it a resolution to release their fifth album in 2013, an album that features even more of Sundfør's amazing vocals.



Links for Röyksopp
Facebook
Twitter
SoundCloud

Purchase Running To The Sea
Official Store

No comments:

Post a Comment