Thursday, December 6, 2012

Song Of The Week - 12/07/12

It was brought to my attention this week that Brazil actually has a competition known as the Miss Bum Bum Pageant.  You can imagine my disappointment when I learned that the winner was, in fact, the woman with the most shapely posterior and not the one with the most fashionable bindle.  I don't know about you, but the latter scenario sounds much more entertaining to me.  I know if I were a female vagabond, I would definitely be willing to overlook some objectification for a chance to win a lifetime supply of pork and beans.

Hybrid - Enjoy The Silence

In 2000, the Swansea-based duo of Mike Truman and Chris Healings released their seminal debut Wide Angle stateside, and it's been one of my all-time favorite albums ever since.  Twelve years, and three more full-lengths later, a greatest hits of sorts has hit the shelves, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to feature one of my favorites from the compilation.  In preparation for the release of Classics, Truman and Healings asked fans to submit suggestions for a track that they should remix/remake for the collection.  The result is a breathtaking cover of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence" that truly showcases why they are and will continue to be one of the most influential groups in electronic music history.



For all the boogie lovers out there, I've decided to attach my latest 30 minute mix to this week's track selection.  I'm no doctor, but I can tell you that if you start sweating Soul Glo while listening, it's probably a normal response.  Enjoy, and as always, feedback is encouraged!





Links for Hybrid
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud

Purchase Classics
Beatport
7digital
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment