Friday, November 30, 2012

Song Of The Week - 11/30/12

With all the hullabaloo over Powerball, Twinkies, and the "fiscal cliff," the biggest news of the week has gone largely unnoticed.  After years of trying, Apple has finally done what was once thought impossible and actually released an aesthetically pleasing version of iTunes.  Not only that, but it's consuming less system resources than before, so as the antithesis of an Apple fanboy, I've got to tip my cap and ask the question, "What does crow taste like, and how much will I have to ingest?"

Punks Jump Up x Dubka feat. Saint Saviour - Feels Good

Imagine for a moment that Giorgio Moroder had an illegitimate love child with ABBA.  The result would sound a lot like the combination of Punks Jump Up, Martin Dubka, and Saint Saviour, and I imagine this week's selection would have been a smash hit on the dancefloor of Studio 54.  "Feels Good" is disco at its most unapologetic, and this foursome of Brits has managed to deliver one of my favorite tracks of 2012.  This should come as no surprise to longtime SOTW readers as I featured PJU  in a blog post back in May, and before moving to that format, had selected a track from Ali Love's album Love Harder (produced by Martin Dubka) back in 2010.  Given my penchant for their individual talents, it's only natural that I would be so enamored by their collective effort.  But enough of my rambling, it's time to strap on your boogie shoes and get ready to howl.  Have a great weekend, and as always, enjoy the music!


Links for Punks Jump Up
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud

Links for Martin Dubka
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud

Purchase Feels Good
Beatport
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment