Friday, November 23, 2012

Song Of The Week - 11/23/12

As I emerge from my tryptophan-induced coma and reflect upon the year that has been, I can't help but be overwhelmed by the many blessings in my life.  A new job, a master's degree, a wedding, and a honeymoon have all contributed to the best of my thirty years on this crazy planet.  And I know that with the continued love and support from great friends, a wonderful family, and an amazing wife that the best is yet to come.  Speaking of my lovely spouse, this particular SOTW is dedicated to Cassandra, whose love is the thing for which I am and always will be most thankful.  To everyone else, thanks for reading, and to you and yours, I wish a safe and happy Holiday Season!

Disclosure feat. Sam Smith - Latch

It's been a good year for Guy and Howard Lawrence.  In the past twelve months, they've emerged as a real force in electronic music, releasing a handful of successful singles, supporting the likes of SBTRKT and Hot Chip on tour, and showcasing their talents at major music festivals.  For their latest effort, they've employed the soulful vocals of Londoner Sam Smith, and the result is, in my opinion, their finest offering to date.  With an album in the works slated for release in 2013, the Brothers Lawrence should remain on any deep house enthusiast's radar in the months ahead.  Add that to the list of things for which I am thankful.


Links for Disclosure
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud

Purchase Latch
Beatport
Juno
iTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment