Thursday, November 15, 2012

Song Of The Week - 11/16/12

Some people just don't know when to quit, and I happen to be one of them.  After receiving a handful of requests to bring back SOTW, I've decided to oblige my rabid entourage...all three of them.  Why such a long hiatus?  It's difficult to say, really; perhaps I spent the past few months trapped in an existential vacuum, questioning the very nature and origins of the universe.  A more likely answer is that I'm lazy and wanted a break.  Either way, the important thing is that I'm back in the saddle, and I'm ready for the inevitable chafing that comes with it.

The Presets - Fall
Back in 2008, the world of electronic music was treated to one of the best albums of the decade, The Presets' sophomore offering, Apocalypso.  It's no wonder, then, why their follow-up has been so eagerly awaited by synth-crazed aficionados, and I'm not ashamed to say that Pacifica was easily my most anticipated album of the year.  Naturally, this begs the question, does it live up to all the hype?  In my opinion, Julian and Kim have exceeded any expectations I had, and believe me, they were sky high.  Not only is Pacifica a satisfying start-to-finish listening experience, but it is also a sturdy rung in the ladder of the group's stylistic evolution.  And after receiving heaps of critical praise upon its release, it's clear that I am not alone in saying that the Australian dance duo clearly picked up where they left off four long years ago.


Links for The Presets
Facebook
Twitter
Soundcloud

Purchase Pacifica
Beatport
7digital
iTunes

1 comment:

  1. Really like this track, I'm gonna check those albums on Spotify now. Thanks for the recommendation. Great to see you back at it!

    ReplyDelete