Thursday, June 28, 2012

Song Of The Week - 06/29/12

Do you want to know how lucky I am?  Upon my return from Las Vegas last weekend, I was greeted to an absolutely amazing man cave.  I can't tell you how thoroughly thrilled I am to have a space to call my own, but more importantly, I am feeling incredibly blessed to have such a kind, thoughtful, and loving fiancee.  If the before and after pictures below don't convince you that I've got the greatest wife-to-be on the planet, I suggest you get your head examined.

  
Little Boots - Headphones (Dimitri From Paris Remix)
 

Diminutive pop starlet Victoria Hesketh has been a blog darling since the release of her 2009 debut Hands.  After receiving remix support from such popular acts as Fake Blood, Treasure Fingers, and AC Slater, she fell off the web radar until the release of her track "Every Night I Say A Prayer" for Record Store Day.  Naturally, this had the blogosphere clamoring for more, and luckily for them, there's a sophomore album set to be released later this year.  Her latest single "Headphones" gets a Madonna-esque makeover courtesy of Dimitri From Paris and should hopefully placate internet denizens and club-goers alike until the new LP drops.





Links for Little Boots

Purchase Headphones

Since the year is now half over, it's only fair that I share some of my favorite LPs that have been released in the past six months.  Enjoy!

 Top 10 Albums of 2012 (So Far)
10. Lindstrøm - Six Cups Of Rebel [Feedelity Music]
  9. Para One - Passion [Marble / Because Music]
  8. Jimmy Edgar - Majenta [Hotflush Recordings]
  7. Sébastien Tellier - My God Is Blue [Record Makers]
  6. Ladyhawke - Anxiety [Modular]
  5. Miike Snow - Happy To You [Downtown Music / Universal Republic]
  4. The KDMS - Kinky Dramas And Magic Stories [Gomma]
  3. Niki & The Dove - Instinct [Mercury Records]
  2. Hot Chip - In Our Heads [Domino]
  1. Chromatics - Kill For Love [Italians Do It Better]


No comments:

Post a Comment