Friday, June 22, 2012

Song Of The Week - 06/22/12

As you read this, I'll be heading to Vegas with an entourage of hooligans to celebrate my final days of bachelorhood.  Not to worry, they've been given explicit instructions to bring me home in one piece and without any blemishes on my permanent record.  That said, there's plenty for a group of twenty-to-thirtysomethings to do that doesn't involve being handcuffed and hauled in by the authorities.  For example, do you know those "Hot Babes Direct To You" cards that people hand out all over The Strip?  Why not collect and trade them?  You know, like Pokemon for adults.  It's fun for all involved, and the risk of acquiring a disease is reduced by at least half.  Man, I can't wait to arrive and get a big whiff of all those broken dreams that permeate the Vegas air!

Breakbot feat. Irfane - One Out Of Two (Oliver Remix)

Could it be?  Is this really happening?  Have two nu disco titans really teamed up to deliver a dream come true?  Longtime readers of the SOTW e-mail know of my affinity for Vaughn "U-Tern" Oliver and Oliver "Oligee" Goldstein and their catalogue of remixes and productions under the eponymous moniker Oliver.  Therefore it should come as no surprise that they yet again managed to find their way to the top of my playlist when they re-touched the incomparable French funkmeister (and Jesus doppelganger) Breakbot.  This tasty jam comes just in time to whet my appetite for Breakbot's upcoming debut full length album By Your Side, and I have no doubt that it will still be in heavy rotation come September.       






Links for Breakbot
Links for Oliver
Purchase One Out Of Two

No comments:

Post a Comment