Thursday, May 31, 2012

Song Of The Week - 06/01/12

People often ask me, "Jace, how can I find contentedness and peace in this workaday world in which we live?"  My first response is, "thank you for not ending that sentence with a preposition."  After that, I usually remind them that I'm not a licensed professional, so nothing I say should be taken seriously.  Once I've covered those bases, I simply tell them that it's all about perspective.  For example, say you recently invested you entire retirement savings into Facebook.  You're probably feeling a bit down in the dumps, but with the recent incident involving cannibalism in Florida, you may not want to retire in the first place.  Just keep reminding yourself that greeting Wal-Mart patrons is slightly better than having your face devoured and you'll be fine.
 
Niki & The Dove - Last Night

Stockholm-based electropop duo Malin Dahlström and Gustaf Karlöf stormed onto the scene in 2011 with their debut EP, The Drummer.  Fueled by the powerful "Mother Protect," the pair became a blog sensation and quickly drew comparisons to fellow Swedes The Knife and Robyn.  Striking while the iron is hot, they've recently released their debut full length, and fans of their first offerings will be pleased by the result.  Instinct is a truly satisfying pop experience from start to finish, and I cannot recommend it highly enough.  Do yourself a favor and listen to the album sampler, or check out the link below to buy a copy.




Links for Niki & The Dove
Official Site
Facebook
SoundCloud
 

Purchase Instinct
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment