Friday, May 4, 2012

Song Of The Week - 05/04/12

After putting in some serious academic overtime, I'm finally graduating with a Masters of Business Administration.  Yes, that's right, I went out and got probably the douchiest of all graduate degrees.  My only regret is that I never took the time to learn how to bundle subprime mortgages into Triple A bond rated securities.  Nevertheless, I've learned a great deal over the last two years, and I'm hoping that someday it will lead to an overpaid executive position with a nice golden parachute package.

On a more serious note, I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to my beautiful bride-to-be for her unwavering love and support throughout this program.  Cass, you are my everything, and I am truly blessed to be sharing my life with you.  I'd also like to thank my family, friends, professors, and fellow classmates who have, throughout the years, helped me get to this point.  You have all played a major role in my academic, personal, and professional development, and for that you have my eternal gratitude.  Now let's party!

Punks Jump Up feat. Dave 1 - Mr. Overtime (Mickey Remix)

The London-based duo and Kitsun√© regulars Punks Jump Up have collaborated with Dave 1 for their latest single on Moda Music.  The result is a funky synth-bomb that could easily be confused as the work of the guest vocalist's band Chromeo, and in my mind, that is a very good thing.  The Belgian indie dance sensation Mickey has re-worked the track to perfection, adding his signature stabby, bouncy bassline to craft a remix worthy of being selected as the SOTW.  With a remix package that also features Funk Nouveau favorites Oliver and Gigamesh, you can be assured that "Mr. Overtime" will be rocking dancefloors through the summer.  Check out the video of the original version below, but be warned, repeated viewings may cause neon overload.





Links for Punks Jump Up
Facebook
SoundCloud

Links for Mickey
Facebook
SoundCloud

Purchase Mr. Overtime
Beatport
Juno

1 comment: