Friday, April 6, 2012

Song Of The Week - 04/06/12

People keep telling me that today is "Good Friday" despite the fact that it's been dumping snow in the valley all morning.  "Have you looked outside?!  What's so good about it?"  Blank stares.  "Yeah, that's what I thought."

Sam Sparro - Happiness


Sam Sparro's self-titled debut was one of my favorite albums of 2008, and after what has felt like an eternity, the native Aussie and preacher's son is set to return to the spotlight.  I recently stumbled upon the first single from his upcoming sophomore LP Return To Paradise, and after having on repeat for at least a week, I predict that Mr. Sparro will be returning to my annual "Best Of" list.  "Happiness" is the perfect blend of disco and funk which means you may find yourself experiencing some head bobbing and/or foot tapping while listening.  I'm no doctor, but I can assure you that this is quite normal, so just go with it.  Better yet, this opening salvo features a strong remix package that reads like a veritable who's who of indie dance music, including Funk Nouveau favorites The Magician and Beni.  And with the weekend just mere hours away, I think it's time for you to dust of those boogie shoes in preparation for some heavy duty rug-cutting.  ENJOY!!!



Links for Sam Sparro
Official Site
Facebook
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment