Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome to Funk Nouveau!


Well, here you are, staring at the inaugural posting on my brand spankin' new blog.  You must be asking yourself, "Why now did this self-important egomaniac decide to enter the blog-o-sphere?"  First, that's a great question, and second, I need to provide you with a little context.

Since June 2008, I have had a weekly mix series on BPM.FM entitled, you guessed it, Funk Nouveau.  A few months thereafter, I began sending out a Song of the Week e-mail to friends and co-workers featuring many of the same tracks I had used for the online radio show.  Well, almost three years later, I've come to the realization that it may be best to combine those distinct endeavors into a single location instead of duplicating efforts.  What can I say, I'm a fast learner.  What does this unholy merger mean for you?  I'm glad you asked.  I plan to use this space to host mixes, feature songs, and inundate the intrawebz with my inane ramblings, so if you're keen on any of those things, this is the place to be. 

To reward you for sitting through the less-than-interesting origin story, I've thrown together a mix for your listening pleasure with tracks by some of my favorite artists at the moment.  Not only that, I linked each track to their respective producer/remixer on SoundCloud in case you'd prefer to listen to the original unmixed version.  I swear, sometimes I spoil you.  In any case, I thank you for reading and hope you decide to stick around.  Enjoy!

Freq-Sho presents Glitz Transmission
  1. Childish Gambino - Heartbeat (Oliver Remix)
  2. Chris Malinchak - Deal 'Em (Original Mix)
  3. Plastic Plates - More Than Love (Original Mix)
  4. Moon Boots - Bills To Pay (Original Mix)
  5. Lancelot - We Can Dance (Goldroom Remix)
  6. Perseus - Seychelles (Original Mix)
  7. U-Tern - You Don't Know Me (Original Mix)
  8. Videodrome feat. Derek Meins - Temptation's Daughter (Original Mix)

1 comment: