Friday, March 30, 2012

Song Of The Week - 03/30/12

If Shirley Jackson's short story "The Lottery" has taught me anything, it's that you don't actually want to win the lottery.  Unless, of course, being stoned to death by townsfolk is your thing.  But with all the talk of Mega Millions, I can't help but daydream a little about what life would be like if I became an overnight millionaire.  I wonder...


James Curd - Guide Me (Gigamesh Remix)



As a native Midwesterner, I can say with little doubt that Chicago and Minneapolis are not chummy with one another.  Whether it's a heated discussion about one of their storied sports rivalries or an argument over who has the most miserable winters, residents of these cities rarely have anything to agree on...until now.  The Mill City indie disco maven Gigamesh has put a nicely polished sheen on Windy City funkateer James Curd's latest single "Guide Me".  The result is an uplifting piece of pop perfection that gives me hope that these adversaries can find some common ground that doesn't involve how much they hate Wisconsin.



Links for James Curd
Facebook
Soundcloud

Links for Gigamesh
Facebook
Soundcloud

Links to Purchase Guide Me
Beatport
Juno

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Great video. I was unaware of the lotto buzz going around. That explains why my sister called and wanted some random numbers.

    Love the song. Quick, where's the closest dance floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice set on Freq Sho. Do you have a playlist? There was one track you played in the middle of your set that I really liked, but I don't know name. thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roy, thank you for listening, I truly appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed this week's mix, and since you asked, I posted the tracklist here: http://www.funknouveau.blogspot.com/2012/03/funk-nouveau-033012.html

    When you find the track you were looking for, shoot me an e-mail at jacemanning@gmail.com and let me know what it was. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting the set and track listing! Good looking out on the beatport links as well. Shot you an email. thx!

    ReplyDelete