Monday, March 26, 2012

Song Of The Week - 03/23/12

My apologies for posting the Song Of The Week in such belated fashion.  You see, I was on my way to Oregon when I came down with a rough case of yellow fever.  Fortunately I managed to recover in time to post this only a few days behind schedule.  On the other hand, Ol' Festus, my best ox, well, he wasn't so lucky...if only I hadn't tried to ford that river.

Miike Snow - Paddling Out



What do you get when you combine two Swedish pop icons with an American songwriter?  If you answered "lutefisk pizza," then you're wrong.  Disgustingly wrong.  Indie darlings Miike Snow returned to the fold earlier this month with their sophomore effort Happy To You.  The three years that have passed since the release of their critically acclaimed eponymous debut have seen the trio grow as a group, which will certainly please fans of intelligent pop music.  While it lacks some of the dancefloor bravado of its predecessor, Happy To You is a more complete experience as a result of their matured sonic stylings.  I'd love to say more, but I've got pitch that lutefisk pizza idea to IKEA...it may taste awful, but I'm sure it will sell in the Midwest. 



Links for Miike Snow
Website
Soundcloud

Links to Purchase Happy To You
Amazon
iTunes

3 comments:

  1. Really been digging this tune since you posted it. Didn't know Miike Snow had a new album. I really enjoy their music. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're digging the track, Mitch, and I hope you check out the entire album. In case you haven't seen it, here's the video for their latest single, "The Wave" (http://youtu.be/nk1gaE1G7JM).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, after getting the SOTW, I check out each group/album with Spotify. I've listened to the "Happy to You" album way too many times. I dig it.

    Awesome video. At first I thought the children were playing the extreme lying down game. Videos like this one inspire me to start shooting my own. Got some project ideas for this summer...

    ReplyDelete